I went to the market today and wanted to give you all the update (yup, now you get random market updates...no, not really, this was a big day for me...). I took the worker (A) who is in charge of the Muslim outreach here at NF with me and we chatted with Saladin today. Things went very well. I couldn't understand most of it but S seemed very receptive. A told me on the way home that S seemed interested in learning more. Breann and I will be going back on Thurs or Fri of this week to do some last minute shopping and we will check up on and see how he is doing. Keep him in your prayers. I think that the Lord is definitely at work in his heart. A plans to continue corresponding with him and further developing their relationship. They swapped cell phone #s and such. It is very exciting.
The most exciting part for me personally was actually seeing A in action. I couldn't understand much but it was still amazing to watch him witness to S. I was moved by the passion and fervor with which he shared. It was awesome to see.
Also, I was very encouraged on the way home. A told me how much our (me and B) time in India had impacted him personally. He told us that he had been getting more and more discouraged of late because of the situation with his daughter, Pinki, and had been finding it harder and harder to get work done with NF. He told me that he had never really shared her situation with anyone outside of NF and he is not sure why he even told us about her except that it must have been God's will. A's life has really been changed by the help she is now receiving. It was very encouraging to me to feel like God really used us to accomplish something that truly impacted one of the workers in a positive way. He also told me about how at the recent directors meetings there were many people who talked about the impact that we had had on them while we were visiting them. It was nice to hear that. We have to admit that there are days when we are a bit discouraged about the effectiveness of our visit. A's words were a much needed encouragement. PTL!
We know that God is working in this place! Please continue to pray that Saladin's heart would be softened to the things of God. It is sure awesome to be able to see God's hand moving. PTL!
No comments:
Post a Comment