Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16th

No comments yet on any of our blog entries this trip. Hmmm...makes us wonder if anyone is reading them. =)

Last night we went to a fellowship group in Lendava, where Arpi and Mirjam (Joze and Nada's daughter) live. The group meets every other Monday. There are 10-20 people that attend regularly. It was great. Mirjam and Arpi led the worship and Joze preached. They have invited me to preach there on the 29th. I am not sure exactly how our schedule is going to work out so we will see if that comes to fruition. Tonight we attended the service in Murska which meets every Tuesday night and consists of 20-30 people.

Joze asked me tonight if I would be willing to preach the sermon on Sunday and then share my testimony next Tuesday night. Of course I agreed.

Tonight, after the service, we all came back to Joze and Nada's home for supper. Joze and Nada, Arpi, Mirjam, and Dejan, Matej, Sabina, and their kids, Timotej and Luka, and Arpi's mom were all here. It was nice. We had some gifts for them. The biggest hits were the Reese's for Mirjam, a worship cd for Arpi (which amazingly had his favorite song on it!), and the Gather Homecoming DVD for Matej. He immediately opened it and threw it in the DVD player. He has been watching it ever since. It was fun to have them all excited about what we brought them. It was nice to be able to bless them in this small way.

9 comments:

Manager said...

Wow, Can't believe that you are in Murska already. Way to go with the gifts. Nice photo of Kranj BTW. love Don and Kathy

Raymond said...

Time flies when you're having fun. We went from Kranj to Bled. That is where the pic was taken. It was nice. :)

Unknown said...

I am reading them, just haven't had any comments yet. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry, we are little slow when it come to bloging. Sounds like you guy are in a wonderful place. Thanks: for the update. How are you guys doing on money? Gods Love John,Tami,and Ashley

Bud said...

Praise the Lord for the wonderful work He is doing through you to bless the Christians in Slovenia.

Brenna said...

See, I'm with Robert on the comments. :) However, I will admit that I was slow in starting to read the blog. I can't believe you guys are over there already and being used incredibly by God. We love you!

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

We appreciate the updates! Despite the lack of comments, we are reading and praying. God Bless!

Raymond said...

Thank you all for your comments. It is good to know you are all still out there reading and praying for us. I won't BEG for comments anymore! =)

Thanks for your prayers and constant support of us. You are all a blessing to us and through us you are a blessing to so many people around the world. Thank you for allowing us to be your hands and feet in these far away lands! =)

God is good!

Phil and Carol said...

We love reading about your journey, even if it is difficult to read about the hardships for the cause of Christ. Praying every day for your effectiveness! Whitbecks