Greetings once again!
We are getting settled in to life in Slovenija. It truly is an amazing place. I have a few quick stories I want to share.
First, the train ride from Austria to Kranj (Cron). So through communication with a couple of people in Slovenija we figured out that we should take a train from Vienna to Ljubljana (Lube-lee-yawn-a), then jump on another train to go from Ljubljana to Kranj. So we did. No big deal. Except that as we were cruising along, all of a sudden we realized we were in Kranj. Breann looked out the window and mentions nonchalantly, "I think we are in Kranj." However, we hadn't made it to Ljubljana yet, so we were a bit disoriented, not expecting to be in Kranj yet. Because of this confusion, it took us a moment to decide to grab our stuff and jump off the train. It took us a bit too long to decide. When we got to the door, the train was starting to move. We were going to jump, but apparently they don't like that idea, so the door wouldn't open with the train moving (I was longing for an Indian train with no door so I could have hopped out, it wasn't moving that fast). While we were running for the door, some people filled the seats we had been in so we ended up standing in the aisle for 30 minutes until we finally got to Ljubljana. Then we had to board another train and go straight back where we came from. It was great.
Well, I was gonna share a couple more stories, but it is late, and we have church tomorrow, so I better head to bed. Just wanted to let you all know that we are alive and will be keeping some information on the blog.
Please pray for Slovenija when you think of it. It is a very dark country spiritually. In many ways it is much tougher than India was. In India, there was passion and hunger for Christ in many places. It is not that way here. Things are very dead and dry here spiritually. It is certainly a country in need of a touch from God. Pray that we will be able to encourage the few believers here that are struggling to make a difference in this dark place.
Also, I have added some pictures to my flickr site. Click on the "My Flickr Pics" link in the right column to go see the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment