Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

November 3rd

Saturday. We went out for breakfast. We went to Flurys. Don and Kathy introduced us to this sweet little restaurant while they were here. It is great. We are able to order an omelette with meat and cheese, and they serve whole wheat bread! That is rare in the land of white bread that we now call home. We had a great time at Flurys. It is not very expensive and is a lot better than cold cereal with soy milk and toasted white bread.

We also spent more time familiarizing ourselves with the city. We wandered around and found a bookstore that many people had told us about. It is called the Oxford Bookstore. It is a great place. They have a super selection of books. It will be a nice retreat when we are feeling homesick.

After our little outing, I spent some time preparing for my sermon for Sunday. I think I am ready!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, well now I feel silly about my comment in my last email about you not having said anything about the food... Maybe I should have read the blog first. :-)